KGEFCU has been taking applications for the CRUA program since May 10, 2021 to assist the residents of Kaua‘i and Ni‘ihau, who have demonstrated reduction in household income due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with rent and utility assistance using funds received from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Through this program, almost 900 households have received over $7M in rental assistance and almost $300K in utility assistance, fulfilling the program’s mission of providing housing stability on the Island of Kaua`i.
The moratorium which as been in place since April 2020 continued through to August 6, 2021. After August 6th, landlords may begin the process to evict tenants for non-payment of rent. The State of Hawaii Homelessness Initiative has a list of resources with regards to the eviction moratorium. Legal Aid Hawaii also has additional resources, including “your right as a tenant” and “your right as a landlord”, so that you know your next steps moving forward.
See the Media & Resources tab for more information on what you should know as a tenant and as a landlord, and links to additional resources from our partners.
Calendar for Community Outreach
For in person online application assistance, please visit these locations on these dates and times.
In-person applications are for persons that need extra assistance to fill out their online applications. If you are able to access the internet and can sign on and apply on your own, we encourage that so that we respectfully reserve the space for those that need the help.
Mahalo for your cooperation.
**Personal face mask is required and practice safe social distancing. Please do not come if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- 8th, 9am - 1pm: Kapaa Skate Park Pavilion
- 9th, 4pm - 7pm: Kapaa Skate Park Pavilion
- 18th, 2pm – 5pm: Ho`omana Thrift Store (4531 Kuamoo Road)
- 16th, 9am - 1pm: Hanapepe Neighborhood Center
- 17th, 9am - 1pm: KGEFCU Kilauea Branch (2555 Ala Namahana Pkwy, Suite 801)
- 18th, 9am - 1pm: Kalaheo Neighborhood Center
- 19th, 9am - 1pm: The Hanalei Initiative (Kuhio Hwy, Suite E-205 in Hanalei)
- 15th, 9am - 1pm: The Hanalei Initiative (Kuhio Hwy, Suite E-205 in Hanalei)
- 26th, 9am - 1pm: Pi‘ikoi Building in Lihue
- 11th, 9am - 3pm: Pi‘ikoi Building in Lihue
- 19th, 9am - 3pm: Waimea Neighborhood Center
- 26th, 9am - 3pm: KGEFCU Kilauea Branch (2555 Ala Namahana Pkwy, Suite 801)
- 27th, 5pm - 7pm: Lihue Neighborhood Center
- Pacific Islander Intake Assistance
- Translators will be on site to assist
- 29th, 9am - 1pm Pi‘ikoi Building in Lihue
Translation services are available for the following languages, and more! Please call (808) 482-3777 if you require the use of translation services, and be sure you include this information in your application.