- Proof of applicant identity:
- Hawaii Driver’s License or State ID, or valid government issued ID
- Proof of Kauai County Residency:
- Valid and current tenancy at primary residence in the County of Kauai; or
- Copy of current and valid lease/rental agreement; or
- Copy of recently expired lease/rental agreement if landlord approved month-to-month tenancy; or
- Proof of expenses requested, which can include but is not limited to an invoice,
- Notice of Rent Change
- Proof of applicant and household income, which can include but is not limited to:
- 2020 Income Tax Return; or
- Other evidence of income at the time of application, including but not limited to:
- Unemployment with weekly benefit amount (if unemployed), or PUA benefit letter
- Other documents such as most recent tax return, W-2, social security benefit letter, public benefit statement, retirement statement, disability statement,etc.
- Two most current pay stubs if employed.
- Self-Certification of Income ONLY if no other documentation can be provided.
- Proof of applicant income loss or increased expenses related to COVID-19 pandemic, which can include but is not limited to:
- Layoff, furlough, close of business or hours reduced letter from employer prior to first month of requested assistance, or
- Schedule(s) showing reduction in hours for each month requesting assistance, or
- Unemployment certification
- Pay stubs or bank statements demonstrating loss of income, or significant increase of costs
- Self-Certification of COVID-19 situation ONLY if no other documentation can be provided
- For Rental Assistance requested (Note landlords and property managers may work directly with KGEFCU. You may email the below documents at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the tenant name in the subject line).
- A W-9 tax form from any landlord/property owner. Please note payment will be made directly to the landlord, with the address listed on the W-9, unless otherwise requested by the applicant/landlord.
- Vendor Verification Form completed and signed by the landlord/property owner and or Property Manager. Please refer below for a downloadable copy of the form.
- Evidence of any rental arrears requested (past due) If you are unable to secure documentation from your landlord or property manager, we will assist you in securing cooperation. You will not be denied assistance solely because you cannot get your landlord/property manager to submit the documentation.
- For Utility Assistance requested:
- Past due utility notice
All applicants need to have a filled out Vendor Verification Form (VVF) from their landlord/property manager prior to approval. Further, a W-9 is required from all landlords. If your landlord is not cooperating, please contact us. Note landlords and property managers may work directly with KGEFCU. You may email the below documents at email@example.com, with the tenant name in the subject line. You will not be denied for the failure of receiving these forms. These forms are included below.
The Self-Certification of income, and Self-Certification of COVID-19 situation is only required if you are unable to provide other documentation to prove your income and situation. Please see our FAQs for further details.